MCT - model document delivery.

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Sep 22 22:09:21 CEST 2020

Dear François,

before I'm off to a few days of vacation...

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 06:24:56PM +0200, François Bonnarel wrote:
>                  But  to go a little further if we want to introduce a time
> or spectral "support" made of a list of intervals beside the coarse-grained
> "bounds" : em_min/em_max, t_min/t_max we will end with a lot of spectral
> coordinates and time slots which only a structured datamodel can allow to
> describe.

I'd still say the options I showed the other day would let us
disentangle the data models even in this stuation (and we can reflect
that on the model level, too), but be that as it may:

>                 Any annotation would have to map this complex structuration
> of the (meta)data.

Does this mean you are arguing that we will just have to deal with
the fact that we can never have a new major version on the
fundamental data models without pushing up everything else up another
major version, they way things ended up in Registry (see my other
mail)?

Or do you see another solution to this problem?

       -- Markus