MCT - model document delivery.

Laurent Michel laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
Mon Sep 21 16:05:36 CEST 2020

Hi Gerard,

Let me clarify what we are talking about.

The mapping snippets in the current thread refer (in free-style mode) to the proposal I'm working on after many discussions we
had 2 years ago.

The baselines of this proposal - based on yours - are 2 folds:
- Getting a better human readability.
- Trying to facilitate the annotation process for archival data centers.
This project (rationale + syntax proposal + demo) has been exposed several time in Interops (Shangai, Victoria, College Park +
VirtualMay).

I've been exercing it first as a workbench for Time Domain data and then I decided last spring to promote it in parallel with
MANGO, the model for source data.

The goal of MANGO is to provide an answer to the question that Tom asked in the name of client developpers:
    "Where is my Proper Motion?".
In other words, providing a conveniant way to discover source parameters rather than to get standard source instances.

In this context we need an appropriate mapping to test the whole annotation life-cycle:
- Model VODMLization
- Building of annotation components
- Merging annotation components for particular datasets
- Consuming annotated data-sets

Mango and the mapping are totally separated but the development of one requiers to other to work and vice-versa.
The proposed mapping is absolutely not ad-hoc.

Cheers
LM

--
English version: https://www.deepl.com/translator