MCT - model document delivery.

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Sep 17 12:13:10 CEST 2020

Dear Laurent,

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 11:33:42AM +0200, Laurent MICHEL wrote:
> Thus, the key point is to keep a relatively loose coupling between the model
> and the annotation. The annotation must operate as a bridge between model
> elements and client needs.

I freely admit that I've made my comments on all the various DMs
under the assumption that once the VO-DML and the annotation document
are in place, I will know how to annotate a VOTable, and I will know
how to fetch the annotations from a VOTable, without having to resort
to guesswork and without having to consult additional specifications.

Do I understand you right that this is not what you have in mind?

And if I understand you right: How will you specify the annotation?
Do you forsee additional, per-DM specifications that will tell
implementors how to serialise instances?

            -- Markus