Licence of VO-DML files?

Laurent Michel laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
Wed Nov 4 17:18:28 CET 2020

Markus,

I wasn’t aware about the licence compliance and I agree that things must be done is a way that (legally) facilitates the dissemination of our work.

I’ve a question:
What is exactly covered by a licence on a e.g. VODML file, the content of the structure?
The VODML standard is under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/>
The VODML XSD is a part of the standard, therefore it is also  under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/>
Can I licence a VODML file, issued from that XSD, with any licence?

Laurent

—
Translate with https://www.deepl.com/translator
--
jesuischarlie/Tunis/Paris/Bruxelles/Berlin

Laurent Michel
SSC XMM-Newton
Tél : +33 (0)3 68 85 24 37
Fax : +33 (0)3 )3 68 85 24 32