Axis identifier in the coords model

Laurent MICHEL laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
Wed May 20 12:00:13 CEST 2020

Dear DM,

I' still working at a better integration of MCT (formerly STC) in my
source model (CAB-MSD).

I've a problem with the coordinate axis identification.

Let's take an example: a sky position.
======================================
The sky position is an instance of Point
- Point has 3 individual coordinates axis1, axis2 and axis3
I want to be able to identify the role of these individual coordinates
(e.g. is axis1 a latitude or a longitude?)
For this I've to look at the PhysicalCoordSys attached to the Point
This PhysicalCoordSys contains a SphericalCoordSpace that contains an
array of 3 axis descriptors.

My question is top know how can I associate one axis descriptor with one
Point coordinate?
Should I rely on the order in the axis descriptor array and say the the
first descriptor if for axis1 and so on and so forth?

This problem is sorted out in appendix B with an identifier that is not
part of the model.

Laurent
--
---- English version:
      https://www.deepl.com/

---- Laurent MICHEL              Tel  (33 0) 3 68 85 24 37
      Observatoire de Strasbourg  Fax  (33 0) 3 68 85 24 32
      11 Rue de l'Universite      Mail laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
      67000 Strasbourg (France)   Web  http://astro.u-strasbg.fr/~michel
---