Primitive types in the ivoa package

Mireille LOUYS mireille.louys at unistra.fr
Mon May 18 14:55:04 CEST 2020

Hi all,

 From my experience with Modelio , attributes can be given any class
type , but modelio must have declared those class types with the
"primitive" property.

Is it then a property to add to each class of the ivoa template model in
Modelio?

I moved to Modelio 4. as it installs nicely on Mac compared to the
Modelio3.xx.

has anyone tried to play with the Modelio ivoa template under this
version ?

Cheers, Mireille

Le 18/05/2020 à 14:38, Laurent MICHEL a écrit :
> Gerard,
>

> Le 18/05/2020 à 13:02, Gerard Lemson a écrit :
>> HI Laurent
>>> Helo DM,
>>>
>>> I'm working on CAB-MSD and Modelio warns me against the use of
>>> ivoa:Quantity as attribute types because it is not declared as
>>> primitive.
>>>
>>>      For the record: ivoa:Quantity and sub-types attach a unit
>>>                      to a numerical value.
>>>
>>> This means that I've to build an explicit composition relationship
>>> from my class
>>> to ivoa:Quantity if I want to use it which is rather ugly.
>>>
>>> Is there is strong justification for this feature?
>>>
>> I don't really understand what the problem is.
>> In VO-DML, Attributes can (only) be assigned ValueType-s (as opposed
>> to ObjectType-s).
>> In VO-DML these are concretely (ValueType itself is abstract)
>> represented by PrimitiveType, Enumeration and DataType.
>> ivoa:Quantity is a DataType and can thus be assigned to an Attribute.
>> Am I missing something?
>
> This is what I believed, but Modelio complains (see joined screenshot)
> because RealQuantity is not tagged as primitive. If I do it, the pb
> goes away.
> This is may be just an issue related to the Modelio profile I'm using.
>
> Laurent
>>
>> Cheers
>> Gerard

Mireille Louys,  MCF (Associate Professor)
CDS				IPSEO, Images, Laboratoire Icube
Observatoire de Strasbourg	Telecom Physique Strasbourg
11 rue de l'Université		300, Bd Sebastien Brandt CS 10413
F- 67000-STRASBOURG		F-67412 ILLKIRCH Cedex
Tel: +33 3 68 85 24 34