Fwd: Re: [IVOA /TCG Question] access to VODML files doc +xml belonging to a standard IVOA data model specification/ corrected

Mireille LOUYS mireille.louys at unistra.fr
Wed Aug 26 19:29:45 CEST 2020

sorry , I dropped some words..
here is the correct version.

Mireille

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : 	Re: [IVOA /TCG Question] access to VODML files doc +xml
belonging to a standard IVOA data model specification
Date : 	Wed, 26 Aug 2020 18:32:22 +0200
De : 	Mireille LOUYS <mireille.louys at unistra.fr>
Pour : 	dm at ivoa.net, tcg at ivoa.net <tcg at ivoa.net>

Hi,
I come back on this topic after having discussed it in our CDS modeling
group.

I am looking for a naming convention for all vodml documents attached to
a REC standard for an IVOA Model
and a place to publish them all together with the standard specification.

Option (b) of Markus 's proposal would have our preference:
Here is the example for the Provenance DM case :

  * ivoa standard pages on  ivoa.net/documents:
      o http://ivoa.net/documents/ProvenanceDM/20200411/REC-ProvenanceDM-1.0-20200411.pdf
      o landing  page for the last version of ProvenanceDM specification :
        http://ivoa.net/documents/ProvenanceDM/20200411/index.html

  * VODML documents (currently on volute) could be referenced from the
    landing page of the DM spec together with the REC spec
      o <html doc vodml> anchor  pointing to
        /ProvenanceDM-v1.0-vo-dml.html/     instead of
        https://volute.g-vo.org/svn/trunk/projects/dm/provenance/ProvDM/vo-dml/Provenance.html

      o <xml vodml> anchor  pointing to /ProvenanceDM-v1.0-vo-dml.xml/
        stored under the xml schema page  at ivoa.net/xml instead of
        https://volute.g-vo.org/svn/trunk/projects/dm/provenance/ProvDM/vo-dml/Provenance.xml
  * NB : the vodml docs should hold the same version number ( here 1.0)
    as the REC they comply to.  --> to be changed on the ivoa.net/xml page

  * as Markus suggests these two documents could be uploaded together
    with the REC document at submission step.

I hope this would help to gather all documentation on IVOA data models
in one place.

Many thanks and have a good tcg meeting.

Mireille

Mireille Louys,  MCF (Associate Professor)
CDS				IPSEO, Images, Laboratoire Icube
Observatoire de Strasbourg	Telecom Physique Strasbourg
11 rue de l'Université		300, Bd Sebastien Brandt CS 10413
F- 67000-STRASBOURG		F-67412 ILLKIRCH Cedex
Tel: +33 3 68 85 24 34