Measurement model - Working draft

CresitelloDittmar, Mark mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed May 1 23:24:25 CEST 2019

All,

At long last.. the third of three!

Here is my draft of the Measurement model.
You can also find in on volute: here
<https://volute.g-vo.org/svn/trunk/projects/dm/STC/Meas/doc/WD-Meas-1.0.pdf>
I have not yet uploaded it to the document repository, it is fresh off the
presses and I'd like to give it a read-through first.

There should be no surprises here, the content is very similar to what
you've seen in our most recent status presentations.
I did fold in a couple things from the Coordinates model reviews:
  + added detailed requirements list (did not include a Requirements
mapping table, though.. really didn't seem necessary)
  + cut some of the structural levels of abstraction for dimensionality.
This means that the relation between the measurement value and its errors
is less explicitly controlled, but it allowed me to cut about 12 objects
from the model.
  + I restored basic Velocity and added a ProperMotion object
     The description of ProperMotion matches most of what was discussed in
the "Modeling Velocities" thread.  There was an alternate representation (
velocity magnitude and direction angle from "North" ), which is NOT
included here as I think that needs more review/input.

I also updated the Twiki page
<https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/STC2#Notes> table showing
various Properties and how they are represented in the current models.

This should set a good foundation for the Source properties work as well as
serve the Cube model use case that it is targeted for.

Mark