Coordinates model - Working draft.

François Bonnarel francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Mon Feb 11 07:23:57 CET 2019

Hi all,

One little thing

Le 24/01/2019 à 21:21, CresitelloDittmar, Mark a écrit :
> All,
>
> Got some additional feedback from Ada off-line which should be folded
> into the next iteration of the document.. see below:
>

> On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 3:08 PM CresitelloDittmar, Mark
> <mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu <mailto:mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu>> wrote:
>
>     Ada,
>
>     Thank you for this input.. I'll address your points here, but also
>     send a follow-up to the mail list on items which should go into
>     the next iteration of the WD.
>

>         *Section 6.1.3. TimeFrame.refDirection*
>         So here you mean the coordinates of the observed object(s)?
>         This is needed for light travel corrections between two
>         different observing points (refPosition) and also for
>         combining observations taken at two different moments where
>         the Earth (or observatory position) was at a different
>         location and therefore the solar system ephemerides is needed.
>         I think it cannot harm having things clearly defined and
>         explained to some level. Maybe this is not the best phrasing
>         but in those lines.
>

>     ACTION: I'll see about clarifying the text for how/when this is
>     used.  Arnold.. any suggestions?

I don't know if clarifying the text is enough. I am surprised to see
that on the diagram we don't see Ephemeris as an attribute of TimeFrame.
BUt refDirection is. On the other side GenericFrame contains both
direction and ephemeris.
But TimeFrame is not derived from GenericFrame ?
Should not the diagram be changed also  ?

Cheers
François