Upgrade of " TimeSeries serialization. A proposal using utypes" slides

Dave Morris dave.morris at metagrid.co.uk
Wed Sep 12 03:44:35 CEST 2018

Naming the link between the TimeSeries and Characterisation models
'char' means that the string 'char' has three different meanings in the
following line of XML

     <PARAM utype="ts:TimeSeries.char" ... datatype="char" ...
ref="char"/>

Suggest we reserve the string 'char' for the ASCII character data type,
use the full name, 'Characterisation', for the link between data models,
and adopt a convention for ending table names with 'Table', in this case
making it 'CharacterisationTable'.

So the XML fragment becomes :

     <PARAM utype="ts:TimeSeries.Characterisation" ... datatype="char"
... ref="CharacterisationTable"/>

-- Dave