Another one Fwd: Re: Necessity of ActivityDescription [was: IVOA Provenance DM -RFC- answers to comments]

François Bonnarel francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Wed Nov 28 10:06:55 CET 2018

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : 	Re: Necessity of ActivityDescription [was: IVOA Provenance DM
-RFC- answers to comments]
Date : 	Tue, 27 Nov 2018 17:26:20 +0100
De : 	François Bonnarel <francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr>
Pour : 	dm at ivoa.net

Hi Markus, all,

Something else about Activity Descriptions, beside what Mireille, Ole
and I wrote yesterday, for people like you and others who could not
attend the College Park meetings.

There has been at least two presentations which show implementations
making extensive use of this class :

OPUS presentation at Interop Apps2 session :

https://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/InterOpNov2018Apps/2018-11-09_servillat_OPUS.pdf

My presentation of the CDS provTAP implementation at ADASS :

http://adass2018.astro.umd.edu/abstracts/O11-3.pdf

This illustrates how useful  is this concept.

Cheers

François