[coords] Question - Time domain coordinates and frames

Arnold Rots arots at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 13 23:35:38 CEST 2018

We keep rehashing the same arguments - this is something we hashed out
several years ago.
In the spatial frames the origin is included in the frame class.
Then it makes sense to include the time origin (for a time offset axis)
also in the time frame.

The difference is simply that for time we have, in addition, three ways to
specify a time stamp that don't need an origin.

  - Arnold

Arnold H. Rots                                          Chandra X-ray
Science Center
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory                   tel:  +1 617 496
7701
60 Garden Street, MS 67                                      fax:  +1 617
495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138
arots at cfa.harvard.edu
USA