Reference implementations

Arnold Rots arots at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue May 10 20:33:28 CEST 2016

I am going back to Matthew's original email message.

(1) Correctly verifies that the model is properly and consistently defined

(2) Any XML serialization, no matter how simple, can be used to verify that
the model performs as it is supposed to. The requirement here is that a
representative collection of use cases can be represented.

Requiring a production-level serialization is something that is in DAL's
domain
or the job of applications. We have always kept the development of such
serializations separate from the model design work - and rightly so.
Therefore we cannot require that these be provided as part of the reference
implementation requirement.

Cheers,

  - Arnold