Reference implementations

Laurent MICHEL laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
Tue May 10 18:31:29 CEST 2016

Hello,

Everyone agrees with the 1st requirement which is to provide a valid
VO-DML serialization of the model (not an instance). That means that all
elements of that model are compliant with the VO-DML spec.
That does not mean that the model elements make sense in our domain.

This is the purpose of the requirement #2: mapping somehow real data on
the model. `
This cannot be achieved automatically while we do not have a stable
VOTable mapping mechanism.
So either we wait for the mapping to be advanced enough or we work
around it.
At the end why note doing this by hand?
The validation could consist in a document proving that the model match
real data.

This validation method is rather common in Quality assurance as far as I
know.

Laurent

--
---- Laurent MICHEL              Tel  (33 0) 3 68 85 24 37
      Observatoire de Strasbourg  Fax  (33 0) 3 68 85 24 32
      11 Rue de l'Universite      Mail laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
      67000 Strasbourg (France)   Web  http://astro.u-strasbg.fr/~michel
---