Obscore dataproduct_type question

Douglas Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Mon May 9 01:19:02 CEST 2016

These are good points.  Note, dataproduct_type is coarse grain, e.g.,
at this level we say just "image" not what type of image.  "Catalog"
as I suggested earlier is also too fine grained.  So if we add support
for table data the value for dataproduct_type should be "table".
While not a mandatory parameter, dataproduct_subtype would be perfect
for specifying the data-provider defined type of the table, e.g.,
"sourcelist" or "catalog" (this is intentionally not a controlled
vocabulary, rather it is site or domain specific, controlled by the
user).  A UCD might be useful for specifying the table type as well,
although this is perhaps beyond the scope of a UCD since it is not
a quantity.  - Doug