[vodml] EnumLiterals and vodml-id

CresitelloDittmar, Mark mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 12 14:43:45 CET 2016

Gerard.. this was your own suggestion :)

I'm not sure Marcus was voting against having a label as much as not sure
where it would be used.  The pattern of having an enumeration literal with
a code and label seems pretty common and fits what we are talking about.
The description field is not appropriate as that is more than just an
alternate representation of the enum literal name.

For example, the SpectralBandType  (again)
    name    label          description
   OPTICAL  Optical      "0.3 microns <= wavelength <= 1 micron"
   UV       UltraViolet  "100 Angstrom <= wavelength <= 3000 Angstrom"
   XRAY     X-ray        "0.1 Angstrom <= wavelength <= 100 Angstrom"

satisfies everyone's needs, so seems like a very reasonable approach.

Remember that this exercise is not just to write models conforming to
VO-DML, but also to exercise VO-DML and its ability to serve the modeling.

Mark