Spectral 2.0 - Document update

CresitelloDittmar, Mark mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu May 28 21:42:28 CEST 2015

I have just submitted an update to the Spectral-2.0 Model document to the
IVOA docs page (it is also available in volute).

The changes are in response to:
  1) request from Severin to update Architecture diagram
  2) Marcus' 'Implementor feedback" mail of Feb 23
  3) Notes from my own implementation

To my knowledge, this addresses all outstanding questions about the content
of the document.
Except.. Marcus suggests in his feedback comments that the model prefix
should change with
each version of the model (so the spectral-2.0 model Utypes would use
'spec2' instead of 'spec').
While I have been of the opinion that the prefix was fixed for that flavor
of dataset, and the
versioning info must come from the other model elements.

Change List:
  - update architecture diagram (removes FAP,AccessData icons)
  - enhance description of Curation.publisherDID, Curation.version,
DataID.datasetID, DataID.version.
  - correct multiplicity spec. in CoordSys.coordFrame description.
  - add missing description for FluxFrame.referencePosition.
  - correct typo in SPPoint subsection headings (Point -> SPPoint)
  - Appendix A: Utype list
    o corrected Char.SpectralAxis.CalibStatus -> CalibrationStatus as per
other axes
    o add missing CoordSys.FluxFrame.RefPos
    o corrected datatype of Curation.PublisherDID; String -> URI
    o corrected Data.FluxAxis.Corrections utype; Corrections -> Correction
    o add missing DataID.ObservationID utype
    o corrected datatype of Dataset.DataModel.URL; String -> URL
    o corrected Target.VarAmpl record Meaning and Req fields. (shifted info)
  - VOTable Serializations:
    o removed utype from RESOURCE

As mentioned in #3, we have implemented a Java library which is capable
of creating, reading, writing every element of this model.  We also have a
small utility app which will load and display the content of a spectral
model
instance.  More on these will be coming shortly.

Mark