[Cube/ImageDM] - Updated model documents

CresitelloDittmar, Mark mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 25 17:18:42 CET 2015

All,

I've updated the volute repository with updates to the Cube/Image model and
documents.
This includes:
  + modelio project file
  + xmi exports
  + diagrams
  + open-office docs
  + pdf documents

Pointers to the PDFs:
  + Dataset Metadata:

https://volute.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/projects/dm/CubeDM-1.0/doc/WD-DatasetDM-1.0-20150320.pdf
  + Cube:

https://volute.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/projects/dm/CubeDM-1.0/doc/WD-CubeDM-1.0-20150320.pdf

With this version, I expect the docs are
  + at the 'tweak' level for content in Dataset Metadata (except for the
STC2 prototype)
  + at the 'tweak' level for the Cube model content/structure
  + STC2 being in-progress and subject to change.

Notes:
  + folds in the relevent Spectral model comments from Markus that weren't
already there (DatasetMetadata)
  + including the recent exchange on Dataset IDs.  There is still some
review/tweaking there especially for the examples.
  + updated the STC2 prototype to align VERY closely with Arnold's current
work.
       - are some minor tweaks made to accommodate integrating with the
Cube model
       - did not migrate the Transform model I had previously, which is
structured a little differently
         but did update the interface to Frames, which is the critical part.
   + Cube model interfaces to STC2 prototype updated

I'd really appreciate a good critical read-through of both documents, but
especially the cube doc to see if we
have structural issues there.

Topics:
   + I re-formatted the headings, attempting to be more clear about the
datatype and multiplicity for the elements.
      IS this better?

   + Derived object.
      The object in this model is very specific to spectral data, but
'Derived' content is very data product specific.
      We should modify this to a more generic object up top, with specific
extensions at the data product level.
       Q: Are there uber-generic elements which might be included at the
top level?  I'm not sure there is, in which
            case, the Derived object may better be moved from the
'ObsDataset' to the more specific datasets
            (NDImageDataset, SpectralDataset, etc).  This would move it
from 'Dataset Metadata' to the specific
            models (Cube, Spectral).

   + Dataset IDs
      Need a review of the prose, tweaks to the examples, and possibly more
clarification on the description
      for the SINGLE global/persistent DatasetID.

   + Contact
      Minor question, Resource Metadata defines other elements in that
object.. should we include them?
       - mailing address
       - telephone