Spectral 2.0 - Document update

CresitelloDittmar, Mark mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Jun 4 18:43:14 CEST 2015

All - but primarily Marcus.

We have been exercising the Java library on the Spectrum-2.0 files
delivered by Marcus' service.
It's been a pretty smooth process.  Below are a few issues we note with the
serialization.

Mark

#UType Prefix
  + uses "spec2" where document states "spec"
    (Discussion item)
    You mentioned that you did this in your implementation notes,
    explaining that you feel it is the correct approach.  I think
    we need other opinions expressed to make an informed decision
    on the intent of the UType prefix.

#Groupings
  These PARAMrefs are in the wrong Group.  These would be interpreted
  as Custom metadata on those groups which are instances of the the
  specified element.  Since the PARAMs are ungrouped, they will define
  the element (again) in the expected location.

  + Curation
    - contains DataID element "spec:DataID.DatasetID"
  + DataID
    - contains ObsConfig element "spec:ObsConfig.Bandpass"
    - contains ObsConfig element "spec:ObsConfig.Instrument"
    - contains ObsConfig element "spec:ObsConfig.DataSource"

#UnModeled PARAM elements - No UType (not a problem)
   These PARAMs have no UType, and are considered Custom metadata.
   name="owner"
   name="embargo"
   name="ssa_specend"
   name="localKey"

#UnModeled PARAM/PARAMref elements - Utype issue
  + No such element in SpectralDM
    spec:Access.Format
    spec:Access.Reference
    spec:Access.Size
    spec:AstroCoords.Position2D.Value2     <== NOTE: this is in the Char
group.
    spec:Target.pos.spoint

  + Misspelled (is that spelled correctly?)
    spec:Char.SpectralAxis.CalibrationSatus  <= "Satus" s/b "Status"

​