[Obscore1.1] WD comments / New content comments

Laurent Michel laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
Fri Jul 17 15:18:30 CEST 2015

Le 17/07/2015 11:15, Arnold Rots a écrit :
> I am a bit confused, since some of this also appears in a different thread.
> If you want to describe an event list in a formally correct way, you should describe it as a sparse cube with n sub-cubes which
> all have all of their axis sizes set to 1 and where n is the number of events.
>
>    - Arnold

You're suggesting a new DM specific for event lists, aren't you?
In our case, I don't think that Obscore aims at describing event lists "in a formally correct way" nor any other class of
dataset. It just provides a simplified view on those dataset helping users for discovering data. In that sense, it just has to
expose the parameters required to validate all referenced use cases and the number of events of an event list is one of these
parameters. But I agree with you that there is no obvious location in the current model to put the event number. Using t_time
exclusively is not really satisfactory (IMO).

Laurent

--
jesuischarlie

Laurent Michel