[Cube/ImageDM] - WCS distribution with STCMod

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Mon May 5 14:36:43 PDT 2014

On 02/05/14 03:36 PM, François Bonnarel wrote:
> In the current status of the SIAV2 development we have two different
> resources (or service methods) query and "metadata"
> The query one will have ObsCore metadata has a response and  is the only
> one defined in version 1.0 of the draft.

Just to be pedantic on version numbers: this is in SIA-2.0 (not
SIAV2-1.0 :-)

> The metadata one will have ND image Data model content in the query
> response and is only due for next version of the SIAV2 draft, let's say
> 1.1. That's where we will put mapping information. But the draft claims
> everything in this response is defined in the ImagedM spec. So if
> mapping class or package is specific to SIA and is not part of the
> model, we clearly have to rediscuss this point between DAL and DM.

Yes, the metadata resource is to be defined/usable in SIA-2.1; one
option is that ImageDM defines an XML Schema and SIA just uses that.
Another is that vo-dml makes it feasible to serialise a complete
instance of ImageDM in a VOTable... TBD. The use cases motivating this
will be along the lines of:

1. find interesting dataset using SIAv2 query and/or TAP+ObsCore)
2. retrieve complete ImageDM metadata for a selected dataset using SIAv2
metadata
3. use advanced AccessData-1.x operations *for which you need to know
all that metadata*

Once we have some of #3, we'll know which metadata is needed from #2.
Or, once we have #2 well know which operations can be defined and
executed... but it is clear (I hope) what the detailed metadata is
needed for: making AccessData operation(s) requests.

--

Patrick Dowler
Canadian Astronomy Data Centre

250-363-0044 (office) 250-363-0045 (fax)