ObsTAP.creator_name multiplicity

Douglas Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Tue Dec 9 17:09:58 CET 2014

By aggregator I meant merging Obscore records from multiple sources into
a single database, which sounds like what you are doing.

Your question refers to multiplicity, however I think there may be an
issue with the use of creator_name.  This is supposed to be the name of
the entity that created the dataset and defined the CreatorDID if any,
e.g., the observatory, survey project, advanced data service, etc. that
created the data product (this predates Provenance with later duplicated
and expanded upon some of this information).  Not the PI for the project
the observations / data products represent; that would normally be part
of the provenance, linked to proposal_id, probably via a different
table, which would allow for describing the PIs in appropriate detail
(this is not currently addressed by Obscore).  Part of the motivation
for creator_name was to provide information about the origin of the
dataset, separate for example from publisher_id which is usually
something completely different.

Hence, there should not be a multiplicity issue for creator_name if it
is used correctly.

If the creator_name values input are incorrect a possible solution would
be to correct them in your aggregated / merged table, and identify the
original source of the data.

 	- Doug