ObsTAP.creator_name multiplicity

Guillaume Mella guillaume.mella at obs.ujf-grenoble.fr
Tue Dec 9 09:34:40 CET 2014

Hi,

   We are building a portal of observations from multiples facilities on
top of ObsTAP.

One of our issue is that given some inputs we would have to ingest some
records with multiple names in the 'obs_creator_name' column.
But the multiplicity of this field is not addressed in the ObsTAPV1.0
doc (B3.1 and B3.6 are duplicated).
This column renamed 'creator' in VODML also get a 0..1 multiplicity
looking at
https://volute.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/projects/dm/vo-dml/models/obscore/ObsCore.html#DataID.Creator
.

As a first workaround, we plan to use the same convention proposed in
the creator_seq column of the RegTap.
If it is a wrong choice, why and what would be the proper guideline to
follow ?

Guillaume