Image DM changes suggestions and questions

CresitelloDittmar, Mark mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Oct 31 08:42:48 PDT 2013

Mireille,

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Louys Mireille
<mireille.louys at unistra.fr>wrote:

> Daer Doug, mark , DM WG members,
>
> Here are a few more suggestion for changes or precisions to ImageDM:
>
> Dataset.Image.Nsubarrays
> Dataset.Image.Naxes
> Dataset.Image.Naxis
> These are dimensions specific for Image, cubes , sparse cubes :
> I would prefer Dataset.Dimensions to replace prefix: Dataset.Image ;this
> is more general.

Doug can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Dataset.Image is in
the model primarily for
query response.. it should not be part of the core Image model.  It
duplicates information found
in the Data element.. as you note below.
This is definitely one of the pieces I'd like to talk about in detail.