ImageDM: what does extension mean?

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Tue Oct 29 09:33:58 PDT 2013

Hi,

A tangentially-related question: I assume that this DM work is proceeding using the old way of doing UTypes. What effort will be required to adopt the new way down the line? What is the roadmap for such integration - ImageDM 2.0? Will this actually ever happen or will the argument be that we already have code out there using the "old" ImageDM for cubes and so the implementation cost is too high to use the new?

	Cheers,

	Matthew