ImageDM - ObsCore Convergence

Ray Plante rplante at illinois.edu
Tue Oct 29 08:02:10 PDT 2013

Hi Doug et al.,

It's good to see this movement.

The material presented on the TWiki page seem to imply an answer to
the question I posted on Friday ("ImageDM: what does extension
mean?", http://www.ivoa.net/pipermail/dm/2013-October/004765.html).
Perhaps you could summarize that perspective on the list?

On Mon, 28 Oct 2013, Douglas Tody wrote:
> The consensus at this point appears to be that we finalize a set of
> Characterisation V2 Utypes, use these for both ImageDM and SpectralDM,
> and update the older ObsCore/ObsTAP document to comply.

This is an intriguing statement.  I encourage others to chime in on
the current draft and general approach.

cheers,
Ray