[Observation] relation to Dataset

Arnold Rots arots at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 15 06:59:55 PST 2013

If multiple observations have to be taken care of through provenance,
then why should a single observation not be handled the same way?
Don't get me wrong: I think neither should be handled through provenance.

Examples are: VLA multi-configuration images; stacked images;
multi-observation event files.

It is much clearer and more intuitive if we just simply allow a Dataset
to be associated with multiple Observations.
Actually, I think this is absolutely a requirement.

  - Arnold

Arnold H. Rots                                          Chandra X-ray
Science Center
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory                   tel:  +1 617 496
7701
60 Garden Street, MS 67                                      fax:  +1 617
495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138
arots at cfa.harvard.edu
USA