[Observation] relation to Dataset

Arnold Rots arots at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 14 15:16:52 PST 2013

>From this description I am beginning to suspect that a Dataset can be
derived from
(associated with) no more than one Observation.
That seems utterly wrong; multiple Observations can be combined into a
single Dataset.
Or did I misunderstand?

I think it is OK to require that a Dataset is associated with at least one
Observation,
provided that a model or simulation can be described as an Observation.

Cheers,

  - Arnold

Arnold H. Rots                                          Chandra X-ray
Science Center
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory                   tel:  +1 617 496
7701
60 Garden Street, MS 67                                      fax:  +1 617
495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138
arots at cfa.harvard.edu
USA