Characterization question

Laszlo Dobos dobos at pha.jhu.edu
Sat Nov 12 14:34:31 PST 2011

Hi group,

How do I specify overlapping axes in characterisation?

Let's say I have a spectrum and want to give the spectral axis in both
angstroms and velocities. Do I just add two axes and mark them both SPECTRAL
and assume that they overlap?

What if I have an image with two spatial axes? Do I add two SPATIAL axes
then or just one and assume that the resolution etc. is the same in both RA
and Dec?

What if I have overlapping spatial axes, let's say ra,dec and (for a not too
good example) also Mpc? How do I associate one Mpc axis with Ra and the
other with Dec.

I'm sorry, if I misunderstood something about the whole thing. (Samples on
the CDS server are unfortunately not available).

What I'm actually working on is a generic toolkit to characterize data cubes
with any number of dimensions, and I want to allow using multiple scales
along the axes.

Thanks,

-Laszlo