[obstap: obs_title]free format data model field

Douglas Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 16 07:05:04 PDT 2011

It is used to help interpret the *response* from the discovery query,
so it does have a role in discovery although it would not normally
be used to pose the query itself.  This serves a different role than
the more quantitative metadata but is useful for a human to understand
the data.

For a non-astronomy example of this just look at any Google query
(this is also discovery).  For example search for "fits keyword
title".  The first line of each hit is the title, which in this case
is evidently auto-generated by the search engine from the page title
or whatever.

 	- Doug

(I'm not sure how productive it is to continue this discussion since
this is already included in our data models, but I guess it is always
interesting to understand where these things come from.)