[obs-tap]access_format

Laurent Michel laurent.michel at unistra.fr
Wed Apr 20 04:21:12 PDT 2011

Dear all,

I do not agree with the idea that compression must be infered from the filename suffix for data files compressed after
construction. The filename can be, for instance, a service URL which has no reason to ends with a compression suffix (e.g.
http://service.my.domain/getfile?compressed=yes&filname=mydata.fits).
I'm not sure that the after-built compression must be notified in the access_format column considering that this issue has been
solved by all clients. Can't we simply consider that file.fits and file.fits.gz are both fits file?

Regards
LM

--

---- Laurent MICHEL              Tel  (33 0) 3 68 85 24 37
      Observatoire de Strasbourg  Fax  (33 0) 3 68 85 24 32
      11 Rue de l'Universite      Mail laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
      67000 Strasbourg (France)   Web  http://astro.u-strasbg.fr/~michel
---