List of Observables for Observation Core components DM

Francois Bonnarel francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Fri Sep 17 10:49:50 PDT 2010

Mireille Louys a écrit :
> Dear DM members,
>
> please look at
> http://www.ivoa.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/ObsTap
>
> I listed the last topics to be discussed before
> finishing the Obs-tap WD.
> Francois and I prepared a list of features to describe
> an observable as defined in the Characterisation Data Model.
This is an upgraded version of what was sent in June ("M Louys
17.06.2010 15:17")

This is what has changed since then (simplification):
We concentrated on quantities close to direct measurements or simply
derived ones.

    Basically we have observables related to a flux axis and others to
the spectral one.
     For the flux axis we distinguish observables for uncalibrated data
from the calibrated ones
    Various special combined observables (equivalent width, and line
ratio) and polarized
   fluxes come to complete this.

  For the spectral axis we  distinguish  spectral  positions (index,
velocity) and  fwhm (spectral,width
velocity dispersion)
Please comment: it is necessary to drive ObstAp document to reccomendation
Cheers

> This enumerated list will be included in the OBS/TAP draft after
> discussion.
> Please comment.
> Thanks a lot,
> Mireille

François   Bonnarel           Observatoire Astronomique de Strasbourg
CDS (Centre de données        11, rue de l'Université
astronomiques de Strasbourg)  F--67000 Strasbourg (France)

Tel: +33-(0)3 68 85 24 11     WWW: http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/people/fb.html
Fax: +33-(0)3 68 85 24 25     E-mail: francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr