UType proposals

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Thu Jun 11 15:23:03 PDT 2009

Greetings, all.

For your delectation and delight, I present a concrete version of the
UType proposal I briefly discussed with some people in Strasbourg two
weeks ago.

     http://nxg.me.uk/note/2009/utype-proposals/

This document is not intended to be a counterproposal. I believe it is
at heart the same proposal as Mireille's, but arrived at from a rather
different direction, and so justified in a different way. The
principal syntactic difference is that the model-name Utype elements
are here references to a namespace, rather than regarded as the
namespace themselves.

I don't claim that this is necessarily as polished or well-argued as
it could be, but if I continue to fiddle with it, it'll never appear
in time to make any useful contribution to this process.

Best wishes,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk
Dept Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester