Spectra DM for theoretical spectra?

Miguel Cerviño mcs at iaa.es
Mon Jun 1 01:35:59 PDT 2009

Hi all,

After the last interop I had find confusing how to represent a
theoretical spectra in the VO.
Most of my problem is related with the characterization/description
about how the spectra has been
obtained. It is a very important issue for theoretical spectra,
specially if it is going to be used as
input in any workflow (e.j. stellar SED used as input for
photoionization).

The Spectra datamodel is perfect for most of the issues, but the
characterization in SimDB
provides a better description of what the theoretical spectra is.

I had heard in the interop, that if there is a DM of any quantity
(like spectra) it must be used
this DM, but in the case of theoretical spectra I find it incomplete
(there is no place where I
can said how the model has been computed and its inputs, that is
fundamental to
understand what is modeled...).

Is there any way to take the best of both DM? How?
It is spectra DM mandatory for theoretical spectra or may I make use
of SimDB there?

cheers

	Miguel

"Nunca se debe intentar contentar a
quienes nunca se van a dar por contentos"

                        Javier Marias