[Fwd: VOTimeSeries]

Roy Williams roy at cacr.caltech.edu
Mon Jul 2 15:13:27 PDT 2007

Rob

There are three models we have seen so far.

(1) The message from Enrique Solano shows an existing, compliant, SSA
server, together with an example of a time series:
http://www.ivoa.net/forum/dm/0706/1344.htm
This is built with the internationally accepted SSA data model, with the
internationally accepted table format, illustrated with a screenshot
from the internationally accepted table software:
http://www.ivoa.net/forum/dm/0706/1345.htm
Furthermore it is a simple brightness curve expressed in a simple way.

(2) The "napkin model" from Alasdair Allen is, I believe, just a
different syntax from Solano, but with essentially the same parameters
and the same meanings. (I will try to make the translation). This would
be a good format for those who dislike VOTable enough to volunteer to
build a specialized XML schema.

(3) I think the "pure STC" model is an interesting exercise in showing
the flexibility of Arnold's creation.

Roy