[Fwd: VOTimeSeries]

Francois Ochsenbein francois at vizir.u-strasbg.fr
Sun Jul 1 00:24:26 PDT 2007

Hi Roy,

>QUESTION: What semantic information is MISSING from this time series?
>QUESTION: Is there TOO MUCH metadata here, is it too COMPLEX?
>QUESTION: What other syntax could be used besides VOTable?

Just take care of the comments -- TimeObs tells it's the "Modified
Heliocentric Julian date of mid-exposure" but the value indicates
1305, corresponding to 14 June 1862, 145 years ago... There seems
also to be some contradictions in the time units -- TimeStart and
TimeDate are indicated in 'd' (days), TimeObs has no unit (but a
wrong comment); the time series itself indicates 's' as units for
Time (top table), but the values given for the time in the examples
(middle table) seem to be days elapsed since the TimeZero.

Personnally I really like this way of visualising the model
in an actual example.

Cheers, francois