new characterization schema: STC Concerns and Proposal

Arnold Rots arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 26 12:00:37 PDT 2006

The question about encapsulating elements really is: at what level?
ObsDataLocation obviously can be regarded as a public class, but some
of the low-level elements are really private classes since they lose
some of their functionality when taken out of context.
I guess I was suggesting to let ObsDataLocation be the XML schema
implementation of Characterisation, in which case the indirection is
not required anymore.
But see what you can work out.

  - Arnold

Cambridge, MA 02138                             arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu