Problems about the Spectrum Data Model from the view of a Web Service programmer

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 15 03:33:19 PDT 2006

Gerard,

yes, I agree: let's try not to mix text and element children of elements, even
though SOAP 1.2 allows it. However, I don't see why we shouldn't have
attribute
and element children of the same element.

BTW: if we are discussing SOAP specifically, then this discussion is on the
wrong mailing list: should really be on grid at ivoa.net.  If there does turn out
to be a need to ban a mix of attribute and element children, then it should
appear in the IVOA basic profile for SOAP which is a GWS thing.

Guy Rixon 				        gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk