Photometry in VO Spectrum Model

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Sun Oct 22 16:48:30 PDT 2006

Thinking about this some more, I suspect the use case here may in fact
be a calibrated spectrum, and we just want to express the value of each
flux point in the spectrum as a photometry point in some well-known system
such as Johnson B.  Then a zero point and a transmission curve would
be needed to convert to absolute flux.  Is this the case?  Do people
really want spectra in such an odd scaling?  Sorry for being dense,
but I have not seen spectra in this form before.  It would seem to make
it hard to intercompare spectra from different systems.  In any case,
it would help to define a little better what is intended here, and what
this would be used for.  - Doug