Dimensionless units

David Berry dsb at ast.man.ac.uk
Fri Feb 18 05:00:24 PST 2005

Martin,
        It would seem reasonable that a unit conversion scheme should be
able to determine the conversion from Jy/sr to Jy/arcmin**2 without needing
UCDs. The conversion is obviously just a simple scaling factor - no need
for any extra physics or UCDs or anything. But since these two units have
the same MLT dimensions, how can the conversion be determined on the basis
of a dimensional analysis alone? Introducing Angle as a dimension along
with Mass, Length and Time could do it.

David