Dimensionless units

Alberto Micol Alberto.Micol at eso.org
Thu Feb 17 10:42:09 PST 2005

Dear David,

Sorry, but I don't really get the point.
Apples are apples, and bananas are bananas,
and the UCDs are clearly stating that those two things
are not of the same kind:

Jy    ->  phot.fluxDens
Jy/sr ->  phot.fluxDens.sb

Why would you want to use the units to discriminate between the two?

Alberto

Alberto Micol
ST-ECF HST Archive Scientist