Expressing 2- and 3-D coordinates

Roy Williams roy at cacr.caltech.edu
Sat Dec 17 08:35:33 PST 2005

On Dec 17, 2005, at 7:29 AM, Ed Shaya wrote:
> I agree that a means of expressing coordinates without a list should
> be available.  ... then we should note that the following things are
> essentially of type list and require tokenization...... Shall we burn
> all of our schemas and start again?

Let us not be fundamentalists, but rather pragmatic, and address ONLY
the problem at hand.  It would be an impossible goal to get wide and
precise consistency of all VO schemas.

There is no call for or any need to make any changes to VOTable or the
UCDs or time formats.  All that is wanted is a minor syntactic change
to STC, a schema that is not widely used yet.

Roy

California Institute of Technology
626 395 3670