Expressing 2- and 3-D coordinates

Ed Shaya Edward.J.Shaya.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Dec 13 13:44:02 PST 2005

It makes little difference for Value2. Either way is fine with me.   But
once people notice that if they use the correct parser arrays are
possible in XML, and then we can move generally to having data arrays of
length appropriate for astronomy.  VOTable should be composed of
xsd:list elements so that one is not repeating <td> tens of millions of
times.

I might note that ChemML has had XML arrays since 1999, even before
xsd:list.  The chemists realized that arrays
are so important that standard XML parsers needed to be enhanced to
include them.  Now this is no longer necessary.
http://www-ece.engr.ucf.edu/~jza/classes/4781/XML/XML.html  (search for
array).

Ed