Data Models in Kyoto

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Fri Apr 15 11:21:03 PDT 2005

Hi Guys -

As Alberto says, Characterization is a key data model for DAL since we
need it to characterize datasets in a standard way.  Much of the SSA data
model deals with generic characterization/identification etc. issues which
are not specific to spectral data.  We will need much this same metadata
for the next version of SIA.

I think the sessions are actually 3-3.5 hours.  It might be possible
to address both characterization and SSA in the joint DAL/DM session.
Or, we could make a start on Characterization in the Tuesday session and
continue with the details in the DM session on Thursday.

BTW, in thinking about the issue of generic dataset metadata it can
be useful to look at SSA.  While the SSA data model needs more work,
it demonstrates more or less what is needed without being overly complex.

	- Doug