WS-I contraints on XML schemata

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 4 08:14:21 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm skimming the WS-I basic profile for web services and I've just found this
stipulation:

R2010 An XML Schema directly or indirectly imported by a DESCRIPTION MUST use
either UTF-8 or UTF-16 encoding.

R2011 An XML Schema directly or indirectly imported by a DESCRIPTION MUST use
version 1.0 of the eXtensible Markup Language W3C Recommendation.

"Imported by a DESCRIPTION" means "used in a WSDL contract".

Not a problem, I guess, but I thought the DM group had better know.

Cheers,
Guy
Guy Rixon 				        gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Institute of Astronomy   	                Tel: +44-1223-337542
Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA		Fax: +44-1223-337523