Proposed "characterization" Working meeting around the AAS meeting

Francois Bonnarel bonnarel at alinda.u-strasbg.fr
Mon Nov 29 09:13:28 PST 2004

Dear All,
   After discussion with Jonathan, and taking into account the
roadmap for "Characterization" data model(produce something before the May
interop meeting), I propose in agreement with the
leader a working meeting around the AAS in January in San Diego to work on the
production of a working draft for the IVOA DM.

   A small pre-meeting will take place in Strasbourg the week before
with europeans who don't go to the AAS. If Europeans whom  neither I nor
Mireille did  contact  would be interested please contact us.

    On the American side  who would be interested in such a working
meeting in Sandiego ? Beside people traditionnaly involved in data models that
would be nice to have people much aware of ADQL, registry and DAL stuff.
( for example one person from each of these "categories")

   Two dates can be proposed apparently: Sunday  January the 8th morning
or Tuesday January the 10th afternoon/evenning.

   please tell us your interest in participating and choose  a date.

Best regards
François

Francois   Bonnarel               Observatoire Astronomique de Strasbourg
CDS (Centre de donnees          11, rue de l'Universite
astronomiques de Strasbourg)    F--67000 Strasbourg (France)

Tel: +33-(0)3 90 24 24 11       WWW: http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/people/fb.html
Fax: +33-(0)3 90 24 24 25       E-mail: bonnarel at astro.u-strasbg.fr