Is XPATH the way to search a data model?

Pierre Didelon pdidelon at cea.fr
Tue May 18 00:41:22 PDT 2004

Brian Thomas wrote:

> 	Hi David,
>
> On Monday 17 May 2004 04:35 pm, David Berry wrote:

snip

>>My question
>>is, should we be optimising our data models specifically so that they can
>>be searched using XPATH?
>

> 	"Yes" (if you mean XQuery + XPath).

I feel this very strange; optimization could perhaps influence implementation,
but not data models (according to one previous mail of G.Lemson if I understood
it well enough). This is a too short feedback loop and will "corrupt" data model
with ad-hoc restrictive solutions devoted to only one implementation.
Just my feeling,
Pierre