Quantity - where does it fit?

Martin Hill mchill at dial.pipex.com
Fri May 14 04:36:13 PDT 2004

David Berry wrote:

> My perception of the Q in the document is that it is a general purpose
> building brick which is intended to be used *inside* other models, as
> necessary, to hold and describe n-d arrays of homoegenous values for a
> single (possibly compound) phenomenon. Are you saying that your perception
> of the doc is that it suggests that other data models should be created as
> *sub-classes* of Quantity? If so, I think the doc should be changed to
> clarify this.

Yes that is my perception!  If it's *not* the case then I shall breath a
partial sigh of relief.  But discussion on this mailing list seems to
reinforce the idea that not just 'leaf' items on the data model are to
be Quantities, but also that complex compound objects such as SEDs are
to subtype Quantities, ie:

--
Martin Hill
www.mchill.net