Vector-valued Quantities

Ed Shaya Edward.J.Shaya.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu May 13 09:59:37 PDT 2004

Oh, its OK with me if you start at QuantitySet (you call CoreQ) and then
we create some subclass of it that can only hold a singleQuantity.  So
luminosityQuantity is a subclass of singleQuantity and starDescription
is a subclass of CoreQ which can aggregate luminosityQuantity and
massQuantity.

It would be most straightforward if the serialization ends up looking
something like.

starDescription {
    luminosityQuantity
    massQuantity
    }

where the axes in the massQuantity use a ref to the axes of the
luminosityQuantity (or they both reference a single one held by
starDescription}.  It should be easy, with a single xpath expression, to
extract just the  luminosity or just the mass.

Ed