A plehtora of Quantities

Ed Shaya Edward.J.Shaya.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu May 13 09:18:30 PDT 2004

Alberto,

   I agree with you that right now it is hard to think of a valid,
acceptable use case for this since one can always use a "unitless".
But, IF someone should come up with a real, legitimate need for such a
thing, it is possible and it will be clear to everyone how to make such
an object and noone's software will break from such an object.

Hmm, a RandomNumberQuantity could be defined with neither units nor
error (a TrivialQuantity), and a DevianceOfRandomNumberQuantity could
have error but no units.  As in, we tried to determine the sigma of the
parent distribution of the random number generator that created this
list of random numbers.

Ed